The Orphan Dreams is a permadeath adventure game combined with RPG elements. The game starts at an orphanage and the player takes control of an orphan child.
Step into the universe of The Orphan, who in his dream finds a letter from his own mother he has never seen before. While he takes his time to discover the truth about his family, he’s also about to find out the dark secrets of the orphanage.
- Old-school style gaming rules: No checkpoints, no retries, no mercy
- Hand-drawn graphics in 2.5D perspective, allowing both simple controls and a sense of depth
- 2 full chapters, consisting of diverse levels of both the real and the dream world
- A combination of two gameplay mechanics: Fight with monsters and loot chests filled with random items in the dreams world; eat, sleep and explore the orphanage in the real world
- Quick time events and various puzzles with time limits
- Hidden areas and bosses
- Multiple endings: Only the true ending will let you play Chapter 2
- An unlockable High-Score Mode
Despite it's cartoony graphics and childish looks, The Orphan Dreams contains some scenes with violence and gore. This game is not a suitable gift for kids!